Saudi Arabian Kabsa

 Today's post is from Aysh of JeddahMom. She currently lives in Saudi Arabia and shares all about her multicultural life and crafting passions on her site. Her story of learning this recipe jogged my memory tons of my first experiences with Moroccan cooking. While the ingredient list and multiple steps during this kabsa recipe might look intimidating they cause a tasty and impressive result. you'll follow Aysh on her website, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Enjoy!

Read more: طريقة عمل الكبسة

Hi! i'm Aysh from JeddahMom. i'm an Indian expat living in Saudi Arabia . Today, i'm sharing with you Kabsa, a standard Saudi dish. Kabsa may be a chicken and rice main course dish that's popular not just in Saudi Arabia but across the Arab world.

When I first moved to Riyadh in 2005, i used to be just married and knew nobody there except my sister in law. Coincidently, it had been Ramadan then too. we might often attend the Salam Park within the evening to interrupt our fast and play badmintin before Iftaar. Kabsa is one among those dishes that I learnt then. This recipe that i'm sharing is how my sister in law taught me and it's far and away the tastiest Kabsa I even have tasted.

 

Kabsa is formed of chicken that's slowly simmered during a spicy broth of tomatoes and spices. This chicken is then removed and either fried or grilled while the broth is employed to cook the rice.

The result's a mouth-watering aromatic dish which smells lemony and spicy. The rice absorbs the juices from the chicken and vegetables and is moist. The chicken is cooked till just tenderness then steamed with the rice so it's beat one with the rice once you serve it out.

This is a sort of dish that you simply can make once you want something special. It tastes great when it's steaming hot and typically you'll find it served at the most Saudi occasions.

It is just like the Arab version of Biryani and far almost like Mandi, a Yemeni mutton dish. Mandi is formed during a vessel that's half buried like an earthen oven within the ground. Kabsa in made on a stove within the kitchen. 🙂

 Read More : طريقة عمل البرياني

My family loves Kabsa. My seven year old has tried it a couple of times and he often remarks that he can eat it every day! Since i do not add an excessive amount of chilli, my two year old and one year old eat it too. I even have found that they eat quite well actually. it's an incredible thanks to sneak within the veggies.

There are quite few variations to how Kabsa is formed . Most Arab ladies have their circle of relatives recipe. This recipe that i'm sharing today is how my sister in law makes it. She learnt it from a Saudi neighbour.

I like the taste of fresh lemon compared to the dried lime or Lomi (as it's locally called). Lomi features a different taste and smell. I also just like the chicken to be steamed with the rice instead of placed on top of a bed of rice.


মন্তব্যসমূহ